After returning today from the National Convention in Orlando the only thing I can say is, WOW amazing. Highly recommended that you attend a National convention, as well as our department convention a great way to network.
• VA Sec. Wilkie spoke at the convention and promised that they would start BLUE WATER NAVY claims 1 January. We suggest that veterans file claims or at least contact our service office on Taylor street just make sure to advise all veterans to use a VSO.
• With that said our district meeting is coming up next month 25 August, great way to start our 1st quarter by attending and getting your post on the road to All State or All American status.
• Please review our 4th district roster for errors and get back to me this is a proof download PDF file. One post needs to get us all their officers. If you see corrections please e-mail me the errors. We shall be going to press in a week.
• Next up in September is our 2019 VFW Illinois Service Officer Seminar. Have your Post SO attend and get up to date information that can help your post members, veterans and their families. Date is Saturday 14 September Holiday Inn East Peoria. Your post should have the registration form. If not please feel free to contact myself or our VSO office on Taylor Street. Poppy funds can be used for this purpose. Send anyone else interested in helping veterans as well.Your post SO is the key to reaching out to the community!
We have updated our Face book page come like us! use it post your events.
• 25 August Sunday – 13hr00 4th District Meeting Arlington Heights Post 981 shall be our host. The meeting shall take place at AMVETS Post 66 700 McHenry Road Wheeling Illinois 60090
• 14 September Saturday – 08hr00 Registration Post Service Officer Seminar 101 Holiday St. East Peoria Illinois 61611
• District Service Officer report for 5 May Meeting. download pdf
• The 4th District Minutes 5 May Meeting download pdf
• 4th District 2019-2020 Roster download PDF file corrections e-mail me the errors
Dutch DeGroot 4th District VFW Dept. of Illinois Service Officerwww.vfw4th.org
Remember our POW’s/MIA’s & REDUCE the #22 per day!